A Walk Through Art History
I designed these shoes with a unique goal in mind: to create a shoe as a summation of an entire culture’s art. Each shoe possesses design qualities, color palettes, and designs only found in the respective culture. This project allowed me to investigate art historical cultures in a special way by challenging myself to translate an entire style (or series of styles) onto a single object.
Conveniently, I was able to use these designs as the concentration section of my AP Studio Art portfolio and received a score of a 5!
I possess full federal copyright of these designs.
Seeing my young friends (1994) getting into Officer Cadet School makes me so happy for them cos I never made it there when I was in army but it was one of my lifelong dreams. Yeah it sounds kinda dumb to many people but I really don’t like being just a Sergeant. Eww. In fact, I hate it.
Sometimes, I guess seeing other people live a dream of yours can make you feel a little contentment too. That slight envy and tinge of sadness that you never made it there still lingers after so many years but it’s alright, it’s time to look forward in life to something better and to achieve other dreams. Forget about those that are out of reach, let’s be realistic. This is life.
Oh, hello October.
- Fried apple pies
- Brie + cheddar apple beer soup w/cinnamon-pecan-oat crumble
- Crockpot pork ramen w/curry roasted acorn squash
- Sweet-n-spicy roasted butternut squash pizza w/cider-caramelized onions + bacon
- Roasted vegetable salad w/garlic dressing
- Cranberry-butternut-brussels and brie skillet nachos
- Sweet and salty bourbon cinnamon pecan caramel apples + Chocolate Drizzle
- Nutella banana tarte tatin w/cinnamon sugar and roasted-pumpkin-hazelnut-crunch